RE: [xml-dev] <offtopic>Opinions About Cold Fusion</offtopic>

> As I said in my private post to you, I wouldn't use CF these
> days...but I also wouldn't use jsp, ASP.NET (forced by insane
> clients with either weapons or platinum...i might)

I think there's a more interesting question here: should you really decide
whether or not to take a job based on the tools they are using? I nearly
refused a job writing database software once when I discovered they were
coding in Assembler; but it was the most interesting job I ever did until
Saxon came along, and I became quite a good assembly coder. And there were
valid reasons why they had made the choice. My point is that the problem
you're tackling is usually where the job interest comes from, not the tools
you are using to tackle it.

Of course, if you think the outfit you're proposing to join have poor
technical judgement or if you think you won't be able to influence their
future direction, that's a different question.

I would even consider coding in C if the problem were interesting enough...

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/