Re: [xml-dev] Opinions About typecasting..

"They also serve who only stand and wait"  - Milton, John

Michael Kay wrote:
>> But I do know of one guy that charged $250,000 p/a as a
>> 'interoperability consultantant'. He didn't actually do any
>> programming or implementation. Just looked at (message)
>> exchanges at a stock-broking company.
>>

> Actually, he probably listened to the arguments of the programmers who
> wanted to do it using tool X, and the arguments of the programmers who
> wanted to do it using tool Y, neither of whom was able to explain the
> business reasons for their preference; and then he told the managers which
> lot to back, and saved the company $2m a year by helping them get off the
> fence.
>
> (Alternative ending: he told the managers which lot to back but they ignored
> his advice and employed another consultant to give a third opinion...)

quite possibly....

if so then I really need to get back into the corporate world because
that sounds like the easy life to me.... :-)

are you listening Len ?

Please note the new simpler name for our website: http://www.bristol.gov.uk

Our email addresses have also changed - visit http://www.bristol.gov.uk/bigchange for further details.

Sign-up for our email bulletin giving news, have-your-say  and event information at: http://www.bristol.gov.uk/newsdirect