Re: [xml-dev] Level XInclude support in parsers?

Pete Cordell wrote:
> Seeing the recent post on XInclude...
>
> What is the level of support of XInclude in XML processors?
>
> I don't see it as required by the baseline XML spec, but does
> current circumstances mean that you would de-facto expect an XML
> parser to support it?
>
> What is the support like in common tools such as Xerces, .NET, Java
> and libxml2 etc?

In Java at least, XInclude support has been in part of the parser
layer since JAXP 1.3 (SAXParserFactory and DocumentBuilderFactory
setXIncludeAware methods). There is no explicit support for
specifying XInclude processing in the Java StAX API, although it's
relatively straightforward to layer XInclude processing on top of a
stream reader using a StreamDelegate.

There is certainly support for XInclude in libxml2, I often use
xsltproc --xinclude