RE: [xml-dev] XML and databases

Unfortunately, the company's preferred platform is SQL Server, but with v 2005's XML capabilities, we may make it work.

Also just rechecked, 18 fields and many descriptions are detailed. -  11 Mb -

Arthur Scott Bridges
IT Security — SCD
Arthur_S_Bridges@progressive.com
Mayfield Village , Ohio , 44143 USA

This hCard created with the hCard creator.

"Michael Kay" <mike@saxonica.com>

04/26/2007 10:00 AM

"'Arthur S Bridges'" <Arthur_S_Bridges@progressive.com>, <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
cc
<arthursb73@gmail.com>
Subject
RE: [xml-dev] XML and databases

25,000 records x 12 fields x 20 bytes = 6Mb which is certainly doable using
a single XML document loaded into memory, unless you need fine-grained
transactional updates and concurrency etc. Multiply by 10 and you're
straining it a bit. I think I'd go for an XML database.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

_____