Re: [xml-dev] CCTS NDR tools for generation of schemas

Hi Bryan

To my understanding of CCTS, having just one possible NDR is against
the spirit of CCTS - completely against it. CCTS should be implementation
technology agnostic - that's one of the main tenets behind it's very concept.

But I can sympathise with wanting to 'outsource' effectively the XML know-how.
It takes so much time to aquire :-) - as my comparative ignorance compared
to your knowledge of the W3C specs attests :-(

Nevertheless there are some products and technologies which don't like
complex schemas such as those which want a standalone schema - no imports.
The idea that these are excluded from CCTS implementation would I think be
very unfortunate to some minds behind CCTS and seems to betray the promises
it made if CCTS does now go along with this idea.

Still, I only know all this second hand so I'd better shut up :-)

All the best

--
Stephen Green

Partner