From: Brad Harper <brad.harper@epsiia.com>
To: xml-dev <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Date: 05/02/2007 05:37 PM
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] anyAttribute

Thanks.

So the fact that <anyAttribute> appears in the W3 XMLSchema's schema
doesn't mean that an arbitrary attribute of my own making may be
introduced into a schema conforming to the W3 schema.

If I placed <anyAttrbute> in *my* schema, I would expect that instance
documents would be able to contain attributes that aren't explicitly
defined by my schema.

I'd expect the same to be true for my schema, which is merely an
instance document of the W3 schema.

Brad