Re: [xml-dev] query in xml

I think so, I think maybe a generic XML Syntax for expressing 'queries'.
queries being very vague things  but in this case it sounds like
querying into a system that probably is not http accessible.

The thing is it doesn't sound very reasonable to want an XML structure
to express queries when it is also specified that the SOAP should have
one method named query that has a datatype string.

I think the closest bet for Yannick to find something useful is to
look at z39.50 and the things done to integrate it with XML,
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=z39.50+xml&btnG=Search

the first result in that query shows a representation of z39.50
concepts in XML. (or at least the first result for me)

although it might make sense for him to specify how the legacy system
currently is queried ( access via protocol x,y,z?)

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen