Re: [xml-dev] query in xml

In SOAP, there is no concept of a "method" - with some restrictions,
you can basically pass any XML as the SOAP body and add some metadata
to the envelope's header.

Possibly, you're talking about WSDL, which has a concept of an
operation, so maybe you mean that you want to get by with a single
WSDL interface (portType in 1.1) that has just one operation (or at
least, a fixed set of operations). Even then, passing the XML as a
string is a bad idea since you'd need to escape it. It's not great,
but much better, to use an xsd:any.

If you don't care for generating interface-specific code from a WSDL
file anyway, you might want to consider forgetting about SOAP and
WSDL and use plain HTTP in a RESTful manner instead.

Stefan
--
Stefan Tilkov, http://www.innoq.com/blog/st/