Re: [xml-dev] What is causing this XSLT NAMESPACE_ERR?

Hi Michael,

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I've simplified the predicate as
you suggested.

Yes, this error happens when writing to a DOM that gets serialized
afterwards. Why? Mainly because it was the first thing I tried, it
worked, and I have not yet had the need to investigate alternatives.

I downloaded Saxon 8.9 and tried this out and Saxon handles it just
fine. So it does appear to be a problem in Xerces/Xalan rather than in
our XSLT stylesheet, which is what I really needed to know. It's easy
enough to work around the Xerces/Xalan issue in our software, but if
it was our own XSLT bug I wanted to fix it right away.

I'll have to look at switching to Saxon for our product in the future,
but we're too close to shipping to do it for this release. In the
meantime, I can see that Saxon can be a handy tool for doing more XSLT
testing.

Thanks again for your quick reply and all your great work on Saxon!

Best regards,

Michael Good
Recordare LLC
www.recordare.com