Re: [xml-dev] Abuse of this list

In article <20070618110348.77FB9222214@macpro.inf.ed.ac.uk> I wrote:
>Thanks to all who replied.  I have sent a request to Stylus Studio to
>either remove my articles or remove the links they insert in them.  I'll
>let you know what response I receive.

Someone from Stylus Studio phoned me up to talk about this.  They
asked me about a variety of possible changes and I repeated my view,
that the only acceptable way to fix it was to not modify the articles
at all.  They have now mailed me to say that they have changed the
link style, and have made a pop-up appear when you move over the links
telling you that it's a sponsored link.

I'm not satisfied with this, and in any case it doesn't work: the
popup contains a left-square-bracket and the single letter "S".
Perhaps they only tested it with Internet Explorer.

-- Richard
in some alphabets" - X3.4, 1963.