Re: [xml-dev] Schematron Best Practice: A Schematron schema's area of responsibility?

Costello, Roger L. said:

> When implementing an XML instance document's set of constraints, what
> is a Schematron schema's area of responsibility?

I don't like this issue much, considered on its own.

The starting question needs to be "What are the requirements for humans to
understand the document ('s conformance or propertries)?"  The subsequent
question can then be asked "What are the requirements for software to
understand the document ('s conformance or properties)?"

Discussing the sequencing of particular technologies outside their
diagnostic context puts the cart before the horse.

Cheers, and sorry to butt in and out so suddenly but I am globe-trotting
Rick