Re: [xml-dev] Is it time for the binary XML permathread to start up again?

> See rfc-editor.org, RFCs in the range 4910 to 4914.

I predict it will die quietly with no uptake.  ASN.X is a new schema
language with the syntax of XSD and the semantics of ASN.1 that works with
the toolkits of neither of them. As I read sections 8 and 9 of RFC 4910,
RXER can't round-trip text strings, and its primary claim over XER is that
XER uses the type names in the encoding, and RXER doesn't. If a new
version of a standard comes along and refactors the schema, then an old
XER encoding may no longer work.  I'm okay with that, since I think it
follows the XML use model; your old xsi:type declarations are broken, too.
 I don't know if it's common for standard revisions in the ASN1 world to
refactor type declarations; in the security space I haven't seen it
happen.

At any rate, those RFC's are experimental.  For good reason :)

        /r$

--
STSM, Senior Security Architect
DataPower SOA Appliances