RE: [xml-dev] Is it time for the binary XML permathread to start up again?

Fast Infoset doesn't try to be extremely tightly coded.  We tried to find a good balance between ease of implementation, encoding/decoding speed, and compactness.  So there is still room for gzip to remove some of the residual redundancy.

Alessandro Triglia