the executive suites.)

From: Jonathan Robie [mailto:jonathan.robie@redhat.com]

Hi Len,

I think of both feeds and SQL queries as pull technologies - the user
checks the feed to see if there's anything new, or does a query to see
if there's anything new.

For this kind of push application, I'd be more inclined to use a
messaging system that has both guaranteed delivery and really good
performance. One of my current hobby horses is the AMQP protocol, which
will be supported by Red Hat Messaging, an open source implementation
for enterprise level applications. Early versions are available to
download and play with.

Check it out here:

http://labs.jboss.com/rhmessaging/
http://rhm.et.redhat.com/page/Getting_Started_With_RHM

Jonathan

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.