Re: [xml-dev] XML vs relational database

I play this game where I turn off the optimiser (I still use C ;) ) and
profile my code. Then I turn it on and profile the code again.

Over many years I've managed to keep the gap at about 5%.

Why do it? ...

Anyway here's a more interesting take on reflection. It matters to
Microsoft (and many database engines), but not necessarily to
Unix/Linux. Why?

Well if you have long lived processes and you can create new modules
then it's nice to know that the engine/program can somehow work out that
there might be a better way. In the world of short lived processes
(typically but not necessarily Unix/Linux) changes/improvements are
always available.

The paradigm determines the importance of the theory.

Rick