Re: [xml-dev] Microsoft buys the Swedish vote on OOXML?

Len Bullard wrote:
> Someone should have gone to the US Supreme Court first which has a precedent
> for reversing elections.
>
> I agree.  As the problem of the rule shown, it should be fixed.  One wonders
> what the side effects of that will be.  Realistically, the next time
> something like this comes up, all interested parties need to sign up early
> and stay late. Otherwise, each side picks their meanest guy or gal and sends
> them into the Thunderdome... after testing for steroids.

I've spent 10 years working on W3C standards now, and it's great to see
how getting people into the same room, working together over time, leads
to greater wisdom and better cooperation than we had when we walked into
the room to start with. People who want to vote should be forced to
experience this firsthand ;->

Jonathan