Re: [xml-dev] Political opinions and this list

On 9/2/07, John F Covin <johnfcovin@familymedialab.com> wrote:

Endure being the key word for those of us that are no-nothings wanting to learn something while learning the ropes. Clearly the ropes mean that until you know everything, one is not supposed to enter into the open forum with suggestions.

I am a fast learner, Len. As with other forums, those that like to bash become known by name and you learn to endure by not reading their posts.

Endure really is the word.  I endured Len's posts for a while and now I just skip over them safe in the knowledge that I'm not missing out.  I recommend you do the same.

I have to skip over a lot though, on virtually every thread, which is tiresome.  There doesn't appear to be a moderator or at least a recognised "benevolent dictator" so what's on or off topic is apparently left up to the regulars (or those that shout loudest), and it's not much a of qualification to post regularly.

Don't be put off the list because of some of the nonsense - occasionally there's some gold, take a look at http://www.xml.com/pub/at/17 for the archives of the "xml-deviant" column, which was based largely on the postings to this list.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com