Re: [xml-dev] Microsoft buys the Swedish vote on OOXML?

Rick, you've asserted:

/The other side to the story is that MS discovered and fixed the
mistaken/inept email within hours, that they alerted SIS, and that it
wouldn't have impacted the vote/

based on the posting in a blog of one of the MS people involved in the
standards effort. As I said in my private email to you before, I don't
know whether this is true or not. I have not seen the actual email, I
don't know whether other Microsoft partners (who according to multiple
reports *did* attend the meeting and *did* impact the vote) were also
offered inducements, either verbally or via email, and I don't know
when/if Microsoft alerted SIS and whether this was before or after the
email became public. I do look forward to finding out the details on
these issues, but until I have I'm not going to comment further.

Now you're also claiming people have alleged irregularities in many
other countries, including New Zealand, where I live. Can you point me
at some of these allegations? I told you in my email that:

/Microsoft here in New Zealand used TechEd to solicit their partners to
lobby for a "yes" vote (and failed), and I think they were within their
rights to do so as long as there was no inducement offered./

and as far as I know that's the whole story here. I'd like to find out
what else happened, or was alleged to have happened.

  - Dennis