Re: [xml-dev] CDATA Section from JSP/ATG Dynamo

Gentlefolk,

I must have been too verbose.

I wish to pull text out of an ATG Dynamo repository, and serve it
through WebSphere as an RSS2 feed. I need to wrap some of this text in
CDATA sections. Forgoing the wisecracks, I have these two situations to
deal with:

<link>http://example.com?category=12&lang=EN</link> and

...Example&rsquo;s really cool stuff....

According to two throwaway mentions I've seen, it should suffice to put
on my JSP

<link><![CDATA[
{code}
]]></link> in order to get

<link><![CDATA[http://example.com?category=12&lang=EN]]></link>

which is what I really want. Instead those sets of characters, call them
strings, markup or haiku, are vanishing into the ether.

I am fully aware that xml processors are liable to do things like that.
My problem is that the J2EE and ecommerce types I'm working with, don't
know what a CDATA section or an xml processor is, and they have assured
me that they don't know anyone who does.

I'm hoping someone here has seen the issue before.

Thank you.