From: George Cristian Bina [mailto:george@oxygenxml.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 2:08 AM
To: Rudick, Tom
Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] RELAX NG: Are Grammar Elements Always Required
to Contain a Start Child Element?

Hi Tom,

That file that you create only to be included in another schema is not
valid by itself, however, it may contribute without problems to form a
valid grammar when included from another file.

Similar issues appear not only for Relax NG but also for XSLT, XQuery
and even XML documents.

oXygen handles these cases through validation scenarios. For instance
you can define a validation scenario for that Relax NG file and specify

that instead of validating that file alone oXygen should validate the
file that includes it.

More information about validation scenarios can be found here
video demo:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/demo/ValidationScenario/ValidationScenario.htm
user guide entry:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-standalone/validation-scenario.html