RE: RE: [xml-dev] XSD - Validator problem

The trouble is that the Byte Order Mark is only a Byte Order Mark in
UTF-16 (or UTF-32). In UTF-8, at the start of a file it is just a
nonsense character, useless, out-of-place, a sign of bad programming,
and it messes up encoding detectors which expect a real Byte Order Mark
or a <?xml

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe