Re: [xml-dev] XML is text-only ... why?

Fast Infoset is not what W3C Efficient XML Interchange (EXI) is based
on, although it is one of the candidates considered in detail, along
with my Efficiency Structured XML 1.0 (ESXML).

Here is our first public working draft of the EXI format:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-exi-20070716/

I feel it is an incomplete baseline in a number of ways, however it
includes most of the base structure and encoding method and is a
significant milestone.

I initiated the OpenEXI open source implementation and Santiago
Pericas-Geertsen and others quickly joined.  OpenEXI is hosted as an
open source project by Sun, although I don't believe the project
codebase is public quite yet.

sdw

Alessandro Triglia wrote:
> [...]

swilliams@hpti.com http://www.hpti.com Per: sdw@lig.net http://sdw.st
Stephen D. Williams 703-371-9362C 703-995-0407Fax 20147 AIM: sdw