Re: [xml-dev] SQL5

Dmitry Turin wrote:
> Richard,
>
> RS> there is some fundamental flaw that makes a "fast" implementation impossible
> What flaw ?

I think the point was that you won't know about a flaw like that until
you have tried to implement it, thus it would be unwise to standardize
it earlier.

> RS> Perhaps one of the key concepts is covered by a patent held by a jerk.
> If some my key concepts is covered by some patent of other people,
> then what ? where is a problem ?

Then the specification would be of less use, because fewer people would
be interested in or capable of implementing it.

> RS> As for the name, I believe you misunderstand Jim:  Get rid of the SQL
> RS> name.
> Different people, different view.

Yes, but you asked for opinions, didn't you? (For the record, I agree
that calling this SQL will not make things easier for your work).

Best regards, Julian