Re: [xml-dev] Will the next version of XML Schema have a schema-for-schemas that is standalone (no English prose needed to describe constraints in the language)?

Rick, is that historically correct?  Was anyone in the XML Schema Working
Group ever arguing *for* content models that depend on attribute values or
similar?  I wasn't there, but W3C XML Schema (to me) has always looked
like a schema language which takes a lot of inspiration the way data is
structured in object-oriented languages (and to a lesser extend,
relational databases).

That is to say, I didn't think it was a case of "they did it this way
because they were forced to", I always thought it was more "they did it
this way because they chose to", which is a different kettle of fish.

Cheers, Tony.

--
Anthony B. Coates
Senior Partner