Re: [xml-dev] convert XML to HTML

On 20/10/2007, Carlos Narváez <crakup@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to convert a receiving XML into HTML, and save it as html.
> This has to be done as the application where it later shall be used
> does not support xml format (only html, tiff and pdf).
> So with the xsl I need to run through a directory, and convert all xml
> into html.
> Is there a freeware out there that handles this?

Seems like a good time for a Kernow plug:

http://kernowforsaxon.sourceforge.net/

Kernow was originally designed for performing directory transforms -
all you'd need to do is write a transform which converts XML to HTML,
which is as simple as:

<xsl:output method="html"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
</xsl:template>

Kernow compiles the stylesheet and uses caching URI and entity
resolvers for performance.  It can be run using the GUI, from ANT or
from Java using its API.

It's available in English, French and German - if anybody would like
to contribute other translations I'd be grateful... (there's not much
to translate, I'm guessing it would take no more than an hour or two).

thanks!
--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com