RE: [xml-dev] The <any/> element: bane of security or savior ofversioning?

> Indeed, this is what we are using for our XSD implementation
> in Schematron. The rub is that the free version of SAXON,
> which is excellent, only does castable for the built-in
> primitives, not the built-in derived types, from what I am told.

Not quite. The basic conformance level of XSLT 2.0 only allows the primitive
types, and that's what Saxon-B supports by default. But there's a switch [1]
to enable use of the built-in derived types. There's been some debate about
whether such a switch is allowed under the XSLT 2.0 extensibility rules, but
I think it's needed for such use cases, so I provide it.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

[1]
http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensions/attributes/allowallbuiltint