Re: [xml-dev] Fast validating XML parser

On 22/10/2007, Llacuna, Phillip V <phillip.v.llacuna@lmco.com> wrote:
> We need a very fast validating XML parser and was wondering if anyone has
> any suggestions? Our project involves one main XML file with about 1200
> supporting XML files (each about 50KB or less). Our current environment
> calls on a java script to validate each file against the DTD, but it is
> painfully slow to process the complete project. We suspect that that the
> overhead in creating the java environment each time the script is called is
> slowing down the process. I have searched (and am still searching) the web
> for a good alternative. Any suggestions?

(apologies to the regulars but...) Kernow does directory validation -
if you are currently manually kicking off the process and just
checking that all the files are valid, then the "Validation" tab of
Kernow might be useful here:

http://kernowforsaxon.sf.net/

(for some reason I don't seem to have created entry points to run
validation from the command line... so the only options in 1.5.2 are
to use the GUI or the API).

cheers
--
Andrew Welch