Re: [xml-dev] XML Standard for exchanging grocery prices

Hi Berk

I'd try the Universal Business Language (UBL) Catalogue with some
kind of subset of it for pricelists. I created an example for a pricelist
for someone earlier this year in discussion on the 'ubl-dev' list here
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/200702/msg00041.html

There's a ready-made subset and related documents (including an
XForm to help create pricelists/catalogues) on the my company site
under 'Business Web' (see systml link in my signature below). There's
a link to it from the UBL support page too along with other offerings, etc
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ubl-ssc .

[There are some to-and-fro discussions of the UBL schema's suitability
for simple deployments on the thread of the above mailing to ubl-dev
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/200702/threads.html#00010
in case you need something with a schema in a single file but that is
more debatable when it comes to claiming standards compliance, as
the thread shows]

The ubl-dev mailing list is managed by OASIS like this one so you join
it the same way.

Good luck with the project

Best regards

--