AW: AW: [xml-dev] Writing a book in XML

Dave Pawson wrote:
> The 'assemble' is still a bit mysterious?
> How are you going to pull the files from svn into an ant or XSLT build
process?

Hi,

so far I have managed to get some kind of assembly not using XInclude,
as I intended, but processing instructions plus a small stylesheet. The
latter is the good old ID stylesheet from the XSLT 1.0 draft plus a
template turning the pi's into a doc() call. So the publishing step is a
small batch running two stylesheets for assembly and transformation
respectively.

This is yet working on the file system, i.e. the chapters have separate
folders below the book-root folder, but I think it should work just as
well on SVN. The most primitive idea would be to read it all out, do the
rendering and throw the whole tree away. The next thought is that, since
all SVN content is available via URI, the stylesheet can take the
book-URI as its first entry and the assembly stylesheet must convert the
sub-entities filenames into appropriate URIs. The third, yet very vague,
idea is that a SVN client (as Tortoise) shows me the SVN repository's
content as ordinary content. Can't I just put the whole mechanism
(stylesheets and all) into the repository and somehow do everything
'within'?

Regares,
Juliane.

Software AG - Sitz/Registered office: Uhlandstra?e 12, 64297 Darmstadt, Germany, - Registergericht/Commercial register: Darmstadt HRB 1562 - Vorstand/ Management Board: Karl-Heinz Streibich (Vorsitzender/Chairman), David Broadbent, Mark Edwards, Dr. Peter Kurpick, David Mitchell, Arnd Zinnhardt; - Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/ Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Frank F. Beelitz - http://www.softwareag.com