using entitites in XSL

Hi all,

I am customizing a footer template. As part of
customization, I would like to insert copyright
information as follows:

 <xsl:template name="footer.content">
  <xsl:param name="pageclass" select="''"/>
  <xsl:param name="sequence" select="''"/>
  <xsl:param name="position" select="''"/>
  <xsl:param name="gentext-key" select="''"/>
  <fo:block>
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="$double.sided = 0 and
$position='center'">
        <fo:page-number/>
      </xsl:when>

    <xsl:when test="$double.sided = 0 and
$position='left'">
      <xsl:text>&j_copyright;</xsl:text>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test="$double.sided != 0 and
$position='center'">
      <xsl:text>&j_copyright;</xsl:text>
    </xsl:when>
 </xsl:choose>
  </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

As you can see, I would like to use an entity
(&j_copyright) instead of a regular copyright text. I
defined this entity (which contains the copyright
info) in my definitions.ent file where I store all my
entities which I use in my XML sources. In my XSL
customization layer, I called definitions.ent via
xi:include. However, as you can already guess, this
does not work when I try to compile a PDF. The
compiler says that the entity is not defined. Is there
any way to process entities inside XSL?

Thank you in advance!

My best wishes,
Roman