RE: [xml-dev] defining keys in XSD 1.0..

> <parent a="bc" d="ef">
>   <container>
>     <name> xx </name>
>     <misc> xx </misc>
>   </container>
> </parent>
>
> In the above xml, the "key" is composed of attributes 'a','d'
> and element 'name'. How do I define a selector and fields
> here to define the 'key' in this situation?
> Because, the attributes and element are at different
> levels/scopes. I am using w3c schema 1.0.

I think you can do

<xs:unique>
  <xs:selector xpath="XXX/parent"/>
  <xs:field xpath="@a"/>
  <xs:field xpath="@d"/>
  <xs:field xpath="container/name"/>
</xs:unique>

Not sure what XXX is since it depends where you are selecting from.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/