editing XML with Spreadsheets, most likely Excel

Hi,

I know lots of people on this list have had some experience editing
generating XML with Excel or other spreadsheet technologies, I've some
slight knowledge of it as it is the technique used in UBL to
edit/generate schemas. I never much cared for it as I thought it made
the XML structures harder to understand. I was wondering if anyone had
any specific things they like about the method, things they hate? What
are the limits to numbers of files that can be edited in one
spreadsheet, if for example one has related files in a particular
worksheet?

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen