Re: [xml-dev] The prefix "fgdc" for element "fgdc:fgdc" is not bound

Tim,

In addition to the two suggestions Mike and Michael made, you should
also make sure that the declared namespace URI and schemaLocation URL
are correct.

I checked the schemaLocation URL -- it goes to the FGDC government
Geospacial Metadata Standards web site. It is not the URL of the
schema. I was eventually able to find the schema by navigating through
the site, but a schema validation routine would not be able to. I also
noticed that the schema does not specify a targetNamespace, so there
is, in fact, no fdgc namespace to reference. I also noticed that there
is no such element named "fdgc". Your metadata record should start
with the metadata element.

Because the elements don't belong to a namespace, you have two
options. Either just don't qualify these elements with the "fdgc"
prefix (assuming you have not declared a default namespace), or if you
prefer to make it clear to readers of the document that these elements
come from the FDGC metadata standard, you can assign the fdgc prefix
to no namespace:

          <fgdc:metadata xmlns:fgdc="">
          </fgdc:metadata>

Anne