Re: Structured from/within unstructured documents

Stephen Green wrote:

> What methods are there, these days, for extracting structured data from
> unstructured documents (such as PDF)?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't see anyone suggest saving the
PDF as XML straight from Acrobat. If you have a full licence, it does a
pretty respectable job, getting you paragraph and character tagging,
tables and images. You can also batch process, converting entire
directories or what have you. The results are at least as good as saving
the PDF to something like Word first and you could be forgiven for
expecting that they might even be better.

Once you're that far, you can get on your XSLT boots...

Marcus