Beyond Tagged to "Spatial" Syntax

Len,

I was intrigued by your response below about CSV. I've longed argued that
for data files, CSV (or other delimited text formats) is the most sensible
way to go. And I recently posted a reply about how CSV can be used to manage
hierarchies (including recursive hierarchies), as well as Unicode, and do it
with high speed, low cost, and little resource consumption.

What it takes is a shift from a paradigm based on tabular/tuple data
organization models and markup tag definitions--to thinking in terms of
rendering pre-defined data arrays stored in CSV files, which are rendered
using templates that apply formatting instructions based on the data
locations/positions (e.g., referencing the data by their cell locations in a
spreadsheet). This "spatially-based" paradigm is a proven disruptive
technology.

Any ideas about how to gain recognition for this proprietary technology is
welcomed!

Steve

---------------------------
Stephen E. Beller, PhD
CEO/President
National Health Data Systems, Inc.
Web: http://cpsplit.typepad.com
Wiki: http://wellness.wikispaces.com
Blog: http://curinghealthcare.blogspot.com

I think.... yes.  Otherwise we'd send CSV.

len

From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike@saxonica.com]

> is a tag name content or markup; or, is that a meaningful question?

It's whatever you define it as, surely.

Clearly in terms of the information represented by a message, content and
markup are completely interchangeable. It's purely a tactical distinction to
assist the recipient with processing.<qed/>