Re: [xml-dev] Compare Heirarchy of 2 XML Files

some

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 5:08 PM, Kumar Velineni, Integra
<kumar.velineni@integra-india.com> wrote:

> Dear Friend,
>

>             I am having two XML files. I would like to compare the hierarchy
> of elements & its attributes and throws the difference in a error file. I
> don't want to compare the content. Heirarchy of elements in both the XML
> files should match.
>

> Here is an example:
>

> File 1:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>

> <fm>

> <list>
>
> <li>This is a simple Para</li>
>
> </list>
>
> </fm>

> File 2:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>

> <fm lang="es">

> </fm>

> Difference between the 2 files are:
>
> Strong tag with <p>
> <list> has been coded as <p>
> lang attribute added in <fm>

you could probably start with the various XML diff tools

http://www.google.com/search?q=xml%20diff

before 'rolling your own' ... but if u must roll your own try following this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levenshtein_distance

hth, Jim Fuller