Re: [xml-dev] Does a XSD schema define the minimum or maximum structure of an XML doc?

At 2008-04-04 09:08 +0100, Fraser Goffin wrote:
>Do current (I guess I mean the most typical 'mainstream') validating
>parsers support 1.1 yet do you know ?

Mike Kay's Saxon supports some 1.1 features.

. . . . . . . . Ken

>Fraser.
>
>On 03/04/2008, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > Ben Stover wrote:
> >
> > > That would mean:
> > >
> > > If the XSD schema designer does NOT insert xs:any or xs:anyAttribute
> > > tags then (=default) additional
> > >
> > > attributes are NOT allowed
> > > elements are NOT allowed
> > >
> > > when the XML should be valid?
> > >
> > > Is this your statement?
> >
> > It may be worth noting that features proposed for XML Schema 1.1 make it
> > easier, should you wish to, to act as if there is a wildcard by default at
> > the end of each content model, or if you prefer, in between every explicit
> > particle in the model.  This is still explicit, in the sense that at the
> > top of the schema you say that you want it to work this way.  It still
> > means that you have in a sense said "all this extra stuff is actually
> > legal in my language, even if I don't call it out one element name at a
> > time".  Of course, you can continue to code schemas in the traditional
> > style, as you outline above.   In that case, content will be accepted only
> > where explicitly allowed for by an element declaration, attribute
> > declaration or explicit wildcard.
> >
> > Noah

> > Noah Mendelsohn
> > IBM Corporation
> > One Rogers Street
> > Cambridge, MA 02142
> > 1-617-693-4036

Upcoming:  UBL Apr.22,24; genericode code lists Apr.23; Rome,Italy
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/
Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/bc