Best parser for writing XML

Hi, I don’t know if this is the appropriate list for such a basic question, but here it goes! I am writing a desktop application in Java that needs to read XML files and modify and write out XML files. Currently I have SAX as my parser and it does a good job of reading XML but in all the books I have read writing or modifying XML is really not covered (for SAX). DOM seems to have the ability to read and write but is said to be constrained by large files (but how large is not specified). I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction! Thanks!