Re: [xml-dev] Best way to create an XML document

I think there is bug in the xml-writer library posted on the site.

When I run this code (a slightly modified version of the sample
supplied on the site):

DataWriter w = new DataWriter();

w.setIndentStep(2);
w.startDocument();
w.startElement("foo");
w.dataElement("bar", "1");
w.dataElement("bar", "2");
w.startElement("hack");
w.dataElement("fubar", "zing");
w.endElement("hack");
w.dataElement("bar", "3");
w.endElement("fo"); //please note, I have violated the XML well-formedness rules
w.endDocument();

I get the output:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
         ---------> This extra whitespace also annoys me ...
<foo>
  <bar>1</bar>
  <bar>2</bar>
  <hack>
    <fubar>zing</fubar>
  </hack>
  <bar>3</bar>
</fo>    -------> This is wrong.

Has anyone tried this library before? And what are the experiences.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi