len

From: bryan rasmussen [mailto:rasmussen.bryan@gmail.com]

If I have an application that takes all XML in, I look for first a
specific format handler or then fall back to the default handler for
unrecognized XML in my application. The default handler is the XML
format handler and the format is XML.

If I have an application that handles two formats and each of them has
a handler then if I get a format X that I don't recognize and I dump
it, then the format isn't handled and the format isn't from the
viewpoint of my application a format.

If I think of format handler in these ways then obviously there can't
be a format without a format handler. I'm not sure if that was what
Len meant though because it renders the statement somewhat oxymoronic.