Re: [xml-dev] Best way to create an XML document

Hi Mike,
   Thanks for useful explanation ... I have a doubt remaining, and
would appreciate the opinion of list members.

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 12:53 AM, Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:
>  > At the end of all this, it struck to me, I should try
>  > violating the well-formedness constraint of XML and see what
>  > happens. And to my surprise, this technique also suffers from
>  > the same problem I mentioned with xml-writer. Why does the
>  > implementation doesn't ensure this?
>
>  Because the spec doesn't say it has to. And because XSLT serializers were
>  primarily written to get their input from XSLT transformers, which they
>  trust; so why incur the extra expense?

If the default serializer provided by the XSLT processor doesn't check
for well-formedness of the XML output, then is it somehow possible to
feed the output to some other process which can check for
well-formedness ? Is there any standard way of doing this, or will it
be done in some other way?

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi