RE: [xml-dev] XQuery Puzzle

Path expressions in XQuery always behave like in XPath 2.0, except that in
XQuery some of the axes might not be supported.

The fact that this expression has multiple predicates is irrelevant to your
problem. The main path doesn't select anything, so the predicates are never
evaluated.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/