len

From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike@saxonica.com]

> Mike, that flies in the face of everything we've learned
> historically and technically about language evolution and
> separation of concerns in environments where multiple
> components interface with a complex base.  It's the Big
> Button strategy.  It has never worked before.  What has
> changed that would make one believe it can be made to work by remedy?

There aren't two languages for defining integrity constraints in SQL
databases, or for defining assertions in Java; why should there be two for
defining validation constraints in XML documents? The scope is sufficiently
narrow that one language ought to be enough.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.