SOAP: what is appropriate for the header and the body

Hi,

I was trying to use the latest java ee web service code generators that
take a WSDL and generate the java code necessary to send/recieve a SOAP
message. I am running them against WSDLs that were generated from
Microsoft code (I really don't know what they used (NET, ASP ??) and I
don't have access to the code). In the past (maybe 3 years ago), I
couldn't get the java code generators to generate something that could
process the necessary parts of the message. I still can't. So, I used
saaj and still need to use saaj. I don't get the disconnect.

The MS code generates a WSDL that puts most of the required information
in the header with a few necessary things in the body. Java seems to
assume things go in the body.

What is appropriate to put in a SOAP header and what is appropriate for
the body? I am not saying one or the other is correct... Just curious

Don't know if this makes sense to anybody... I probably haven't
explained things well. Just getting back into SOAP after not touching it
for more than a few years...

(ufff... just to add insult to injury: It's all communicating on an
internal network... using SSL...)

best,
-Rob