Re: [xml-dev] request info

At 2008-06-05 12:43 -0500, Ing. Jorge Diaz wrote:
>Dear Friends:
>George from Panama City (central america)
>We have been undergoing some deployment into the private sector with UBL
>ver. 1.

Congratulations!

>I was wonder if anyone of u guy can give some assestment concerning
>customization of UBL 1.0 schemas?

Part of the development of UBL 2.0 was focused on extensibility and
customization.  If you have the opportunity to migrate to UBL 2.0 you
will find more opportunities in these areas.

For UBL 1.0 you are able to remove optional constructs from the
schemas in order to produce customized schemas that are proper
subsets, but you will not be able to add any new extended constructs
in customized UBL 1.0 schemas.  UBL 2.0 schemas *are* able to
accommodate extended constructs.

You will find on Crane's web site some tools for working with UBL 2.0 schemas.

>Have u work with DB and UBL? Tell me about it.

Note that there is a mail list devoted to UBL developers where you
might ask this question and get more of a response.

   UBL-Dev <ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org>
   http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/

I hope this helps.

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/