Re: [xml-dev] Get all unique prefixes from a XML document

> I've created a XML document, but it isn't complete, because I'll still need
> to add the namespace declarations on top when the document is ready.
> Therefore I'd like to use XPath to get all prefixes, and based on that
> prefixes, add the namespaces. It's not 100% correct to use fixed prefixes, I
> know, but it'll solve my problem. I've been trying to do something with
> namespace-uri() finding the unique ones, but it didn't work out. Can someone
> help me creating the right query?

Not sure I fully understand what you are trying to do, but....

to get all of the prefixes used in the XML:

distinct-values(//*/in-scope-prefixes(.))

to get the associated namespaces for a prefix you can do:

//*/namespace-uri-for-prefix($x, .)

...where $x is the prefix.  Notice how this means 1 prefix can be
mapped to many different namespaces which might prevent you from
moving all the namespaces declarations to the root element.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com