Re: [xml-dev] CSS does not use the XML syntax. Why not?

XML/XPath is definitely a rational solution. CSS is yet another textual language which needs a specific interpreter. For that, I don't like either Javascript or JSON : it remains me that too many programming languages are still using a C-like syntax, created so many years ago. I still think XML as the new ASCII for machine-to-machine transfers : whereas a structure exists, it should be expressed using an XML notation, that's all !

With an XML notation ("CSSX" ?), programs could generate, modify, compare them, and so on, much more easily.

For one of my customers, I have build a small CSS to CSSX application to be able to patch some CSS files using an XML patch notation before reconvert them to CSS via XSL-T.

On the other hand, I still think it is much easier for human beings to read and understand CSS than CSSX but the problem should be just an editor or a rendering problem.

Alain COUTHURES
<agenceXML>
http://www.agencexml.com

Thomas Lord a écrit :