Re: [xml-dev] Problem with cascading XML Schemas

That's a xerces error, nothing jumps out at me from your schemas
although there could be something my tired eyes aren't picking up, so
the problem is probably that xerces is parsing the definition twice
and then getting the conflict:
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-grammars.html

Earlier versions of Xerces were notorious for this kind of problem, I
thought it was fixed by default with the newest version?

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen