Re: [xml-dev] Creating a single XML vocabulary that is appropriatelycustomized to different sub-groups within a community

Costello, Roger L. a écrit :
> book.rng
> <element name="Book" xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0";
>          ns="http://www.books.org";>
>       <optional><element
> </element>

I think there are less difficulties in your examples than you expect.
Are you sure that you can't design a RelaxNG schema that express all
your constraints ? (I'm not a RelaxNG expert so if you say that the
above schema is the best that can be done, I will believe you)
Or did I miss anything else :) ?

Anyway, ASL can be good for example if you change some elements to
attributes : you can express a content model that mix attributes (or
even attributes with a specific values) with elements. I know that
sometimes it is possible with other schema technologies, but I also know
that there are lots of things that can't be done with RelaxNG or W3C XML
Schema but that are possible with ASL.

I remember, Roger, some examples you posted few months ago about
co-occurrence constraints and algorithmic validations ; they were
examples that can't be done with RelaxNG or W3C XML Schema, and I wrote
the actual schemas with ASL :
http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/tutorial-schemas.html

--
Cordialement,