RE: [xml-dev] Creating a single XML vocabulary that is appropriately customized to different sub-groups within a community

And Len Bullard wrote:

> Given my druthers, I'd rather maintain multiple
> schemas over trying to convince multiple groups
> with different semantics in the same community
> that they should converge.  The mammal problems
> are the most expensive.

"top-down authority over document types simply can't
 work across diverse human communities"

"The mammal [human] problems are the most expensive"

These are very thought-provoking comments.

I would be appreciative if you - Steve and
Len (or anyone) - would elaborate upon these comments.
I am eager to have my eyes opened to new ways of
thinking and dealing with information.

/Roger